Friday, 14 August 2026

BUSY TWO DAYS

 New member number 16 for 2026 Sorley Petrie joined yesterday, what a testament to what we are doing. Archie Puttullo who gained a Gleneagles Scholarship for this year invited Dawn and I to play there yesterday and what a pleasure to watch him go round the Queen’s Course in a gross 70. His course management and ball striking are key to his performance. Archie and Dawn were 4 up at one point and Ian and I pegged them back to 2 before losing out on the 16th where Ian looked like he was close to holing his tee shot twice !! The cambers on the green meant his ball swung first left to right then back again, shot of the day. Today Dawn and I took Keir Reid out to work on his game and it was a simple fix. He has so much ability and just needed a few pointers. 

No comments: