Saturday 24 September 2011

BIG DAY DAWNS

Captain Frankie was correct - its just like Xmas for me and I know what present I want our team to get today . Hopefully they are all still asleep and getting a good rest before making their way to Gleneagles . I am so looking forward to seeing our team do themselves proud in the final . I know the hours of practice each player has put in and today is the climax of all that hard work . Our team take their place in the final with a 100% winning record , having already beaten todays opponents Blairgowrie in the qualifying stages and if they stay focused there is no reason they cannot repeat that success .

My message to the team is " Enjoy the experience , be confident , walk with your shoulders back and your heads held high , smile , be focused on each shot , play the shots you've practised , be proud of what you've achieved , make your opponent win any hole , remember in match play the holes not finished until the balls in the cup and finally believe in yourselves you all have the ability and your track records this year is 2nd to non , now just go out there and do it for yourself and the rest of the team especially Allan , Hannah and Brad "

I know each player will give me total commitment on the day and that is all I can ask for . They are winners and have proved all season how good they are individually and as a team .

No comments: