Saturday 19 May 2012

PLAYING DONKEY PAYS DIVIDENDS

Thanks to all the Juniors at the Coaching who have been practicing their putting by playing Donkey with me.Tonight after spending hours on the putting green at the coaching I put the practice into play and representing the Gents Scratch League Team I managed to putt myself to a 1 up win against scratch player Stephen Carruthers of Pitlochry. Single putting from 10ft on 7, 6ft on 9, 20ft on 11, 6ft on 13, 30ft on 14 and managing to putt from 60ft from off the green at 17 just missing the hole and finishing within a foot to go 1 up. I was left with a 2ft putt on the last to win the match and remembering what I had been telling you all for weeks - short putts,be positive take the break out and hit the putt with enough pace to hit the back of the cup and it worked !!! 

It was great to see Junior Captain Michael Brodie make his home debut for the team and after finding himself 4 down after 13 managed to fight back and take his game to the 18th.

No comments: