Sunday 5 June 2016

THIS IS WHAT MAKES BEING STRATHMORE JUNIOR CONVENOR SUCH A PLEASURE

Last night I received an email from a parent thanking me for organising a game for their son yesterday and was also thanked by others for setting up the club hire scheme which their children and grandchildren had joined. Today I was also thanked for all the time I spend with the juniors on the course and tonight Amy got in touch to get a putting lesson organised as she is feeling a bit better and to top it all I received this email from Hannah Robb one of our past juniors.

Hi Dawn and Iain,

Hope you are both well. Try to look at the blog now and again and looks like you have a thriving junior section. I know how much you both put into the section, so well done.

I've recently returned home from America after completing my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration graduating with Cum Laude (Latin honours). 

I am very happy to tell you that I will be a PGA Assistant Professional at Elie Golf Links, starting in the next couple of weeks and starting my PGA course in October. 

Would never have got this far with my golf without the help from you both at Strathmore in my junior years.

Look forward to having a get together this summer and another nice catch up.

Speak soon and good luck for the season.

Regards,
Hannah  

Over the past 8 years we have now produced 2 PGA professionals, Rory and Hannah and who knows what the future holds but I have no doubt that if I can continue to encourage and support our juniors anything is possible. Most of you know I am very emotional and Hannah's email definitely brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye and I make no apologies for that. It makes what I do so worthwhile and everyday just gets better and better. 

1 comment:

David Norman said...

Really nice post Iain, and great to hear from Hannah. Another success story. We can only reiterate what Hannah has put down in writing. Without doubt your have been, and continue to be, the driving force behind the success of all the Juniors at Strathmore, together with the total support (and no doubt patience!) of Dawn. Well done to you both and to all of the section - past and present.

David