Monday 19 July 2021

ANOTHER HISTORIC DAY FOR STRATHMORE

Twenty seven years ago when I moved to Alyth and met Pat Barron and he showed round his farm in an old Landrover little did I realise how much time I would spend on this piece of ground and how many great people I would meet, how much enjoyment it would bring and I am so proud to have played a part in the development of the Club and especially the junior section. Today was the accumulation of so much effort that has been put into the course. Dawn was instrumental in bringing both County and then Scottish Junior events to the Centre and the welcome they received led to Strathmore being the home of the Girls Under 16 Championship for years, unfortunately when the amalgamation of Scottish Golf took place this event was then put into a rota system. It was great today that Strathmore hosted their 1st ever PGA tournament and took the facilities to another level. I met up with a lot a players who I know from playing with in the Midlands Alliance and they were very complimentary on the conditions of the course. I was intending following Heather MacRae who I have known since she was very young but had to hastily arrange a taster session for a group of 6 youngsters from Blairgowrie who arrived unexpectedly. Then missed 3 holes on the back 9 to attend a management committee meeting but caught up for the last 3 holes. She finished 2 shots off the lead and will be in the second last group tomorrow. It was great to have a chat after the event and although we didn’t manage a practice round as she was in Finland at a Ladies European Tour event she did say the tips I messaged her had helped. 




No comments: