Sunday 4 November 2012

HUGE THANK YOU

We started off with a Texas Scramble on Leitfie. New Junior Captain Brad Bannerman with his team of Marcus Ryan, Jude Archibald, Josh Edington and Michael Davie won with a 2 under par 27 with birdies on 4 & 5. We then held the AGM and Prize Giving and it will be one I will remember forever and not be allowed to forget either. Dawn had made a video of photographs taken over the past 4 years and set it to music -  We are Young, Simply the Best and We are the Champions. Although I had already seen it, watching the kids seeing themselves through the years was quite emotional. When I started my report I was fine but as I got towards the end the pride I have for what we have achieved over the last few years took over and through tears I had to ask Jackie to finish my report.
To my surprise I was then presented with the most unbelievable gifts from the Juniors and their parents. A specially commissioned book of photographs of the Juniors during the last 4 years with me playing golf in my Kilt on the front, a dinner for 2 at The Lands of Loyal, a bag of home made Chocolate Truffles and a specially designed and signed card to the BEST JUNIOR CONVENOR IN THE WORLD. I will admit looking through the book again brought a tear to my eye and when I opened the card I'm afraid I was off again !!!! I cannot thank everyone enough for these amazing gifts and it makes me feel so proud to be appreciated in such a way. As one parent said to me afterwards "it just goes to show how much it means to you" With only the Club AGM, County AGM and the Spirit of Youth Awards to go think I should contact Kleenex for sponsorship!

I am delighted Callum Ewan has accepted Brad's invitation to be Junior Vice Captain and wish them both the best in their roles for 2012/13.

Thanks to Dawn, Jackie and Frank for their assistance, Strathmore Golf Center for their commitment to the Juniors and the Gents and Ladies sections for their support.
                             

No comments: