Monday 3 November 2014

WHAT A YEAR.

I make no apologies for becoming emotional whilst making this years AGM speech as it means so much to me to see what our juniors have achieved. I know how much hard work they put in and they deserve every credit for the results they achieve. Year on year they raise the bar and the exciting thing is I can still see progress being made and now these kids are inspiring the younger ones and so it continues. Over the winter I have some ideas I want to introduce and am already looking forward to next season.




 

Michael Brodie turns 18 in December and becomes an adult member and I would publicly like to thank him for the support he has given me and the section. It has been a pleasure to have watched his progress and by winning the P&K junior stroke play and match play and going one better by winning the Gents P&K stroke play his success at county level has been unrivalled. His other achievements have been becoming the 1st ever home player to have a plus handicap and also winning the Nick Faldo qualifier at Panmure. It has been a pleasure to have Michael as my doubles partner and having won the gents 4 ball and gents foursomes we have had a lot of fun and success. Hopefully if he doesn't go to University in America too early we will have the chance to defend our title and represent the club in the Daily Mail foursomes. Best wishes and good luck for the future and I hope you realise all your dreams. You are a credit to your parents and Strathmore and should be proud all you have achieved and if you ever need a reference just send them to me.

No comments: