Thursday 7 April 2016

MY PREDICTIONS ARE SURPASSED AND HOW


I messaged the girls last night and all were bubbling with excitement for today and when I met them this morning they were definitely up for it. Kirsty even had her game face on. I predicted that for Megan and Amy finishing within the top 90 would be a result and Megan who was not happy with her score today finished in 89th place - result. Kirsty played superbly and shot a one over 73 qualified 18th and reduced her handicap to 3 (3.4 exact) and has qualified with ease 11 shots within the cut line. She has now taken 2 shot off the handicap this year !!! Amazing. Told her tonight and she is ecstatic and really looking forward to the final round. Having already achieved so much this year and this week, anything tomorrow is a bonus. I have deliberately left Amy to last because what she has achieved this week is remarkable. Having never broken 80, whilst I was chatting with Amy and her dad yesterday something was mentioned about a pint and I promised that if she could break 80 over either of two rounds I would buy her a pint (non alcoholic of course) and today not only did she beat 80 she smashed it with a 77 !!! 4 birdies including 3 in a row 12, 13 and 14 and what an up on down birdie on 18 - knocking it to 18 inches and holing a downhill swinger. I am now due Amy a well deserved drink. She has taken 3 shots off her handicap now 10.9. The next 3 hours were nail biting as I watched the scores coming in as I knew she would not be far away from qualifying in the top 60 but just missed out by 3 shots finishing 68th - what an incredible tournament for Strathmore girls ! And let's see what happens tomorrow ?



No comments: