Friday 12 August 2016

FINAL ROUND OF SCOTTISH GIRLS UNDER 16's

Amy again played in her buffer again and climbed to 42nd. Kirsty slipped one place to 22nd and Megan was only one over par after 4 holes but she was then stung on the hand by a wasp and her hand swelled and she had to retire when in a very strong position. 
PRESS RELEASE 

Arguably, the unluckiest player of the championship was Megan Ashley from Strathmore who was forced to retire on the second day due to a quirk of nature. She was on one over having birdied the first and was going for a par on the fourth, when she was stung by a wasp.

“It was hidden in the bag and came out of nowhere,” she explained. “I just leapt away, as it was a shock, then I thought ‘what?!’ I was really gutted as I played well yesterday and was in seventh.

“It hurts,” she added, “but I’m trying to look on the positive side and learn from it – look out for wasps next time! I’m absolutely gutted but I will be coming back next year with a very good chance of winning.”

That's the confidence needed to be a winner. 

No comments: