Tuesday 2 August 2016

LATEST FROM THE JUNIOR OPEN AT ST ANDREWS

Megan played well in the Stableford competition and finished 18th with 32 points and in her words "Absolutely learned a lot and can't wait to get out there again" Tod lost out by 2 holes and was unlucky but pleased to take his game so far "my opponent made a dream start and was -3 thru 4 and I was 3 down. I lost 5 &7 to go 5 down but won 8&9 to go 3 down after 9. I made par on 10& 11 to get it back to 1 down then we halfed every hole onwards"  Alex won his 1st match by 1 hole and then went to the 20th hole before seeing off Andrew Benson of West Lothian and tomorrow faces Daniel Morris of Fairhaven in the quarter final and his resume of events so far is "Played solid this morning, didn't let him get too far ahead, which was key because he was a class player!! And this afternoon was scruffy, found myself 2 down after 11, but just played away, made a few birdies coming in, and birdied the second playoff hole to win, happy with being through, but I'm gonna have to play better if I wanna have a chance tomorrow!" My advise to him was "You have done what is require in both matches today. Just stay focused and play your own game. It's what you're so good at and If you do that then the result will take care of itself"

Let's see what tomorrow brings ?

No comments: