Sunday 8 September 2019

COUNTY GIRLS COME TO STRATHMORE

The McPherson Medal was played at Strathmore today with Katy Alexander winning the Scratch and  our own Kirsten Miller winning the handicap. Was delighted 6 of our girls came along to play in the 9 hole event on Leitfie. Camryn came 1st and Anna finished 3rd. Dawn was very impressed not only their scores but by the way all the Strathmore girls conducted themselves on the course. Obviously they listen and learn. Not only that but the Strathmore parents were amazing. There was only 1 other girl from Milnathort taking part and confirms the strength of the girls within our section. Camryn today confirmed the belief I have in her ability and I really hope I can convince her to play more and Anna comes into the same category. Well done to everyone.
Along with my doubles partner Alex Simpson past Junior Captain and Junior Champion we played the Gents Four Ball Better Ball Final today and it had special meanings for so many reasons. I have known him for the past 11 years and along with Allan Easton are the reason I became involved in Junior Golf. Alex has had it confirmed he has been accepted by the PGA to become an Assistant Professional I am so proud that he will become our 3rd Junior to take the next step. We are also playing in the P&K Masters and have progressed to the Quarter Final stages so hopefully we can progress to the Semi Final stages and a weekend away. So although not our final match together not many more to go. It has been a pleasure and today was so much fun. He had 4 birdie chances over the  first 4 holes and converted 2 to give us a 2 hole advantage. My 5 nett 4 on the 5th gave us a 3 hole lead. We lost 7 and my 20ft putt on 8 for a 4 nett 3 restored our lead. The next 6 holes were halved before we lost 15 to a 4 nett 3 and 17 to a 3 nett 2. So it was dormie going up the last and although Alex had 2 for the win I holed from 6ft to give us the title. Thanks Alex in you I have a true friend for life. What another fantastic day for Strathmore Juniors and it’s Convenor.


No comments: