Tuesday 17 September 2019

THE MOST AMAZING 24 HOURS

First up we qualified for the Junior Bell Salver and I have now had it confirmed we will be able to field  our strongest team. “It all leads to this moment” Team Captain Kirsten will lead us out. James will be her wingman. Blair will go 3rd with Cammy in the tail gunner position. I believe come Saturday night at King James VI we will be flying high. These youngsters along with Stuart, Fraser and Conan are our future and the others look up to them. This is our next generation.
Next up was an update regarding Alexei Butchart who has just started a 2 year course at The Golf College, Lindfield, West Sussex. Run by Paul Lyons former tour pro and head coach is Denis Pugh one of the most respected coaches in the industry. This is a first step to Uni in America for him and by his scores and the comments about his swing in the videos he is doing great.
Following that was confirmation of Hazel MacGarvie’s selection to next years initial GB&I Curtis Cup squad, what a brilliant achievement for such a talented individual.
Finally the one that means the most to me personally, no disrespect to any of our other juniors. Alex Simpson who was one of the reasons I became involved in Junior Golf in the first place, today joined the Professional ranks by having his application confirmed by the PGA to become an Assistant Professional. The message he sent brought me to tears (so nothing new there) but it means so much and just reconfirms to me that I what I do does make a difference and is appreciated.
Just also received £200 for Strathmore Juniors from a donor who wishes to remain anonymous.
Tomorrow it’s back to Taster Sessions with 3 girls attending and it all start again





No comments: