Saturday 18 March 2017

ANOTHER AMAZING DAY

Scottish Golf published an article on their website today about the club hire Scheme after interviewing me at Strathmore last week. Hopefully with this high profile media the Scheme will reach more clubs and be copied to make golf more affordable to Juniors and make the sport accessible to all. The more Juniors who take up membership the more that are likely to continue playing golf into adulthood which in turn secures the future of golf and golf clubs. I hope that someday people will look back and say "what a simple and brilliant idea which has reversed the trend of falling membership numbers and grown the game"
https://www.scottishgolf.org/strathmore-hire-scheme-a-hit-with-junior-golfers/
Lesley Haynes today donated 2 bags crammed with clubs which I still have to sort through. 3 others have offered to bring in more clubs, woods and 2 push trolleys!!!
Josh also traded up to another set and outdrove me twice with a driver I donated which I had won in the Sunday Mail "Where Eagles Dare" competition. His tee shot on 12 was about 50yds past mine and I hit it good.
When I got home a gentleman from the Pitlochry area phoned me after reading the article in the Perthshire Advertiser wanting to know how he could either sell or donate clubs into the Scheme.

WHAT NEXT ????

No comments: