Saturday 15 September 2012

HISTORY MAKERS


Today Strathmore became only the second Club in the history of Perth & Kinross to have teams who have reached both the Scratch League and Bell Trophy finals in the same year. I am so proud of all players who have played a part in making Strathmore the most successful Club in P & K.
When I took on the role of Junior Convenor after seeing the potential of our Juniors I was never in doubt that we could produce winners and I am never let down.
At Alyth today we were paired against Blairgowrie and ran out winners by 3.5 v 1.5. Michael Brodie led out the side against Scottish Internationalist Bradley Neil and after playing himself into a 3 hole lead through 7, Bradley battled back to square the match through 10. Michael won 14 Bradley won 16 & 17 but Michael squared his match on the 18th. Hannah lost out 4&3 and Callum Sinclair who led from the 1st won 6&4. Rory Dyce and Kirsty Brodie both had walk overs due to a breach of the competition rules.
We now play Auchterarder on the Queens Course at Gleneagles next Sunday 23rd at 2.40pm in the final and having lost out last year I know the experience gained then will be in our favour and we can write another chapter into history.
As I was trying to take a picture I was privileged by the team who requested I took my place as Manager and I respect the appreciation the Juniors give me. They are a credit not only to themselves , their families but to Strathmore Golf Club and Centre.               

No comments: