Wednesday 17 September 2014

GENT'S FOURSOMES FINAL

Tonight Michael Brodie and I played Scott Thomson and Chris Flannigan and after winning the 1st and losing the 4th to a birdie after 7 holes we were all square. We lost 8 and turned 1 down. Lost to a birdie on 10 and after discussion Michael played safe and left me a perfect yardage to secure our 1st birdie. Lost to a birdie on 12, won 13, lost 14 and standing on the 15th tee were 2 down with 4 to play. Never give up and always believe and "think positive and your dreams can become reality" Both tee shots found bunkers and when Scott failed to find the green I managed to find the putting surface and par brought us back to 1 down. My tee shot found the fairway and with our opponents just short of the green Michael was unlucky to see his approach hit the slope and finish on the lower tier. The 40ft putt looked straight and when it found the bottom of the cup and they failed to get up and down we were all square. Michael was just short left on 17 and Chris pin high right - Scott pitched to 3ft and my 2nd 40ft putt just missed and Chris holed out to take us up the last all square. My tee shot was ok left and Scott found the bunker right, Michael hit a great 2nd as did Chris and with me to play next I hit probably the best 7 iron ever to leave Michael a 3ft birdie putt to win which he duly converted to make us Gent's Foursomes Champions 2014. What a match 7 under par better ball. Michael and I have played Scott and Chris on numerous occasions and every match has been closely contested and I would like thank them for their sportsmanship and they are a credit to Strathmore Golf Club. 

No comments: