Monday 4 May 2015

MORE OF MY PREDICTIONS COME TRUE

Last week I predicted a couple of our newest members were ready for their 1st certificates and maybe handicaps. We will start with Georgia McKay who I said had a very natural swing, I had originally thought she had played before but was surprised to find out she was a complete novice. James Bonar has had lessons at a range before but hadn't played on a course so to put my theory to the test I decided to take them both out to see if they could complete the task. As I had not seen either of them putting before I opted to give them a quick master class on the the green before they started. I was not disappointed when after a few tips and pointers they both improved and started to get their distance controls sorted out and then off we went. Ladies first and Georgia hit a nice tee shot down the right followed by a pitch short of the green and a chip and run to 10ft. James hit his tee shot also down the right and pitched on to 15ft. Both 3 putted for a 5 and a 6. James had the honour and his tee shot  finished just short of the green. Georgia didn't hit the best of tee shots but hit a decent 2nd short of the green followed by a chip which ran to the top of the slope and was unlucky not to run back down to the hole. James putted up to 6ft and left his next putt stone dead and tapped it in for an easy 4 giving him 9 and his first certificate. Georgia rolled her putt down the hill and judged the pace to perfection leaving her an easy tap in for a 5 and a total of 11. I was so pleased for both players as I predicted they both had the ability and it is a great feeling to be proved correct. 
Georgia and James - well done and thanks for proving me right !

Decided to see what James could do on the Rannaleroch 10th and again wasn't disappointed when playing 2 balls he hit the green with both second shots and secured a 4 and a 5. Think James may be ready for the step up very soon. 

No comments: