Saturday 23 May 2015

SUPER SATURDAY

Where do I start ?
First certificates -
1st up Finlay Wilson only been playing for a year. 2 on the green 3 putts for a 5 and then great tee shot, superb pitch to 2ft and 2 putts for an easy 4. High fives and huge smiles all round.
Next up was Frankie Kennedy, 3 onto the green, 2 putts for a 5 then 4 onto the green and a nervy 3 putts was enough to secure the 7 and his first certificate.

Last up was Mollie Castle who was going for her 2nd certificate and I knew before we went onto the course she would achieve it easily. I again was proved correct, an easy 4 was followed by a nice 5 then a great 3. An errant tee shot on 8 meant to playing 3 off the tee but an 8 was secured before an easy 5 on the last gave her a total of 25 - 5 shots below which could quite easily have been better. I was delighted when Mollie told me she really wanted to play more golf and I believe that she is definitely ready for the step up to the big course. Her swing is very natural and I can see another great prospect in the making.
Then to cap it all Alex, Amy and Megan played Summer League and shot gross 74,81 & 80.
Nett 71, 67 & 67. Amy's handicap now 12.2 and Megan 11.4. Watching these kids playing to such an amazing standard is brilliant and I am sure Amy and Megan will soon be in the 70's club !!!! This season is just getting better and better. 

No comments: