Sunday 24 March 2019

THIS WEEKEND JUST GOT EVEN BETTER

Today we had our first family Fun Competition and what a success. 3 dads, a granddad and a grandmother took out their juniors and Dawn, Jackie, Frankie and I took out the others. 11 Juniors took part and we played the Golfsixes format which is brilliant for the younger players to get a taste of competitive golf in a fun environment. I will come back to the results later. On Friday night I took a Taster Session and we started off with putting and a girl called Harriet really impressed with her distance control, we then went to the range as it was quite cold and started full swings. Over the years I have had 100’s of youngsters coming through and know natural talent when I see it. She started hitting 7 irons and I then gave her a driver to hit and knew then that we had someone really special. I asked her parents how old she was and was shocked to find out she was only 8 !!! I retuned home and Dawn asked me how it had went and I told her we might have just discovered another potential Internationalist. I sent her parents all the information about joining and was delighted when her mum emailed back to say she was going to join and would like to come along and play today. So we now have new member number 9.  As we were coming off the Course today another of the other mums who attended our parent taster sessions informed me she was also going to join so that will give us a 75% success rate and brings new parent members for 2019 up to 5. To see so many youngster and parents out playing together and having fun is what golf should be all about.
Back to the results today Euan and his dad Scott finished 3rd with 66 points, Camryn, Lochy and their dad Jim finished 2nd with 67 points and Harriet and myself won with 70 points thanks to some great putting from Harriet, a lovely tee shot on 8 after I lost a ball over the hedge and a fantastic pitch from 60 yds to 10 inches on the 7th. Her 1st competition and her 1st Trophy. This season just gets better and better





No comments: