Saturday 19 April 2014

WHAT A GREAT START TO THE WEEKEND

Our Scratch league team travelled to Auchterarder and took on a strong home team. Michael led them out  and secured a convincing 4&3 victory. Alex was 5 up through 12 including an eagle on 10 but his opponent replied with his own eagle on 14 when driving the green and having his tee shot roll past Brads feet as he was lining up his own birdie putt !!  Alex eventually finished the match off 4&2 with a great birdie 2. Kirsty found herself up against an on form opponent and lost out 3&2 and with Brad going 1 down after being 4 up and his opponent starting his fight back with the 3rd eagle of the day and Tod who had been 2 down we needed something to happen. Brad won 15 to go all square and Tod had fought back to go 1 up on 16. Brad secured the Strathmore victory by winning 1 up and Tod took our final score to 4&1 with a great 2&1 win.
This team has the ability and belief to take Strathmore to yet another level and I am so excited to see them progress.
During the match I received a text from a very excited Amy who as I said of earlier this week " I was very impressed and can't wait to see how her scores improve" and I only had to wait for her next game - 2 shots off her handicap with a nett 68. My coaching certainly has paid off and with Amy agreeing to a 10% retainer on her future golf earnings so is my pension.
Roll on tomorrow when I go to Muckhart to support Michael in the P&K match play.
Finally we have another new member - Sophie Patterson. Can't wait to meet and welcome her to the section.  

No comments: