Monday 15 July 2019

ONLY AWAY FOR 3 FULL DAYS BUT SO MUCH HAPPENING

Where do I start. 2 new Junior members and father has joined Leitfie as well. We now have 73 junior members up from 67 last year. We lost 16 last year, some due to age which we have no control over and others who had tried Golf but had decided that other commitments had taken precedence. We have introduced 12 new Adult Leitfie Members already this year, 8 mums, a grandmother and 3 dad’s along with 22 new Juniors. 34 new Strathmore members. We now have 23 Girls in the section which may be the biggest in Scotland, I stand to be corrected. Benjamin swapped his clubs for new ones tonight and Ruby will be next very soon. We currently have 46 sets hired out but Emily needs to join my Hire Scheme extending our record breaking season. 3 more mums approached me tonight looking for Taster Sessions for themselves so we now have 7 wanting to have a go. With our biggest turnout tonight 10 youngsters taking part along with 4 adults this is growing into something special and I believe we have found another winning formula. Parents and youngsters out playing and having fun. This Saturday at 10am we have another fun event which will be followed by another on Monday night at 5.30pm and all juniors and any family members who are members of the Golf Centre can also take part. Let’s make Strathmore the Family Club and get more people involved.
We have a huge week ahead with the Scottish Girls at Blairgowrie with Kirsten and Megan playing. Our first Junior Bell Trophy Match takes place on Sunday at Crieff and I have every confidence in the team we have this year to go there and get a result.
Megan sent me a message tonight - Hi Iain, I received a phone call today inviting me to play in a pro-am at gleneagles next week! They wanted an all girls team because of the Solheim Cup and I will be playing with Hannah McCook. It's a 3 day event and we play a round a day wed, thurs and fri with a welcome dinner on tuesday night and a closing dinner on friday!  Unfortunately this means I won't be able to play in the junior open at strathmore. I'm really sorry but I hope you understand this is a great opportunity. Of course I said yes and what an opportunity!!
Strathmore Juniors just keep raising that barrier a little higher each time.


No comments: