Friday 19 July 2019

STRATHMORE NOW LEAD THE WAY IN GROWING GOLF

A few weeks ago I was approached by St Michael’s Golf Club regarding hiring golf clubs for 2 months during the summer. I told them that’s not what we did but asked why they wanted them. Turned out it was to run sessions for the children of Army personnel at the local base at Leuchars so I discussed this with SSE and they agreed that for a contribution I could donate our old sets to enable another club to replicate our scheme. George was delighted to hear this as it was saving them £750 from buying new and a win win position for everyone involved. If they have the success we have had then perhaps we can reverse the trend of falling numbers. I have another set being hired our tomorrow bringing our total this year to 48. To top this off we have another Lady looking for a Taster Session and the possibility of a Monifieth youngster looking to join. Add to that another entry for our Golfsixes Open on Thursday and I think we have the perfect setup. The hard work continues to promote Strathmore Golf Club.

No comments: