Friday 12 April 2013

HANDICAPS WORK PERFECTLY

Decided to take on Amy Mitchell tonight at match play and finding myself 2 down after 3 I started to think it wasn't such a good idea. I managed to square the match by winning 4 and birdieing 5 and thought I had 6 in the bag until she holed from 15ft and left me to hole from 5ft for a half !!! I won 7 but a great 6ft putt on 8 by Amy squared the match again. With 55yds left on the 9th to the back pin position Amy hit a great pitch to 8ft and when I 2 putted Amy needed to hole to face not losing the match and proceeded to confidently knock it straight in the hole. A great match and fair result.

The golf handicapping system certainly works - last night 4 of us (a 19,16,53 and 51 year old) played  4 ball better ball match play (handicaps scratch, 2, 6 and 9) and finished all square after 18 holes and tonight an 11 year old girl and a 53 year old man were also all square after 9. What other sport in the world can all age and gender groups compete together with a handicapping system that works ???

No comments: