Saturday 4 May 2013

ANOTHER RECORD SMASHED TODAY

Fergus Barron today won the Leitfie Medal and what a score !!!! His dad had told me before he teed off that Fergus was nervous about playing in his first competition but you would never have guessed that having seen his brilliant up and down on the 1st after having to take a free drop from casual water on the path behind the green. A superb chip to within a foot and a simple tap in putt got his round of to the perfect start. Out in 49 he stormed back in 41 for a gross 90 nett 36 (an average nett score of 2 per hole - wow) With Louise Bloor returning a nett 52 and Marcus Ryan a nett 57 the scoring was excellent. I congratulated Fergus on his great score and had the pleasure of informing him his handicap had been reduced by a new Strathmore record of 19 shots from 54 to 35. Most of our current Juniors won't know this but Fergus's grandfather Pat was the person who decided to develop his farm land into Strathmore Golf Centre and when I went to see him about a membership he drove me round the fields to show me where the holes were going to go. I am sure Pat will be very proud when he hears how well his grandson has done. I did say in Monday's blog Fergus was keen to reduce his handicap but I didn't realise how keen !!!

Ranneleroch saw round 4 of the Summer League with Conor Hughes returning a nett 69 Alex Simpson a nett 71 and Kirsty Brodie a nett 74.

Saturday coaching welcomed 2 new additions Finlay McCoshim (who won the skills challenge) and Luke Sellen, great to see you both.           

No comments: