Tuesday 14 May 2013

ANOTHER SINGLE FIGURE HANDICAP, A FULL CONGU AND 3 MORE REDUCTIONS.

Alex Simpson is the latest Strathmore Junior to hit single figures, I am personally delighted and not surprised as Alex was one of the first juniors I watched at the coaching before I became involved and I remember this 6 year old hitting 8 irons with such a consistency it was scary. I asked Alex to hit 3 balls and they all had the same ball flight and landed in exactly the same spot. I asked his dad how long he had been playing and when he said for 4 years I was amazed. At the end of the session Alex was hitting his driver on his knees as far and as straight as when he was standing up !!! Alex who lived in Perth left Strathmore for Murrayshall and I met his parents when they visited Strathmore for the Wee Wonders and they were really impressed with what was going on within the section and I encouraged them to bring him back as nothing was happening at Murrayshall and I am so glad they did. Not only is Alex an exceptional talent but a credit to his parents, his behaviour and etiquette both on and of the course is exemplary. I have always agreed set goals with Alex and he has achieved every one. His record breaking results at under 14 level are breath taking and nothing in the future will surprise me.
Marcus Ryan took 2 strokes off his handicap and is now playing off 17 after playing to 10 !!! Tod Bannerman is getting closer to single figures and is now 11 and the next single figure player !!!. Ben Anderson took another 2 shots off his club handicap now 33 (19 shots better after only 3 rounds) and finally Conor Hughes - huge congratulations on gaining your full Congu handicap of 28. This is a milestone to be remembered and means you can get your entry into the Strathmore Junior Open and so much more.

Well done to you all.

Tonight was great fun at the coaching - Alex took a guard of honour for his achievement and "Will I Am" became our latest coaching success and looks another prospect for the future. Some great swings and some impressive short game play. If you want to become a better player this is what to practise. From 100 yards in is where you will make your score so get out there and try different shots - chipping, pitching and lobbing and mastering these techniques will save your score again and again

No comments: